2018 has already kickstarted with a bang. From mobile first index to voice search, the trends and updates being rolled out seem to be endless.
Needless to say, here are a few predictions and trends for this calendar year that you shouldn’t be ignoring by any means:
- Increase in the consumption on videos.
- Facebook Messenger will be the next big marketing weapon.
- Instagram will rule 2018.
- Snapchat will ease out.
- Long Haul Posts will win more.
- Twitter will die a slow death.
- Voice based search will thrive.
Marketing on Twitter is on the decline. Still don’t believe me? Read this.
Voice search is the new kid on the block. It’s basically a technology that recognizes speech and allows people to search by saying words aloud, rather than typing them in the search bar.
The reasons for it’s popularity include:
- The average human can type only 35 to 40 words per minute, but can speak 150 words in the same time frame.
- It’s a more convenient way of searching, especially if you’re a lazy bum.
- Voice captures emotions and tones which isn’t possible by text.
Now let me introduce you to a new social network nicknamed the “Audio Twitter”: HearMeOut. This is a voice based network and is primarily focused on 42 seconds voice recordings.
This network is growing at a phenomenal rate. It’s now time to capitalize on this and tap into a whole new audience.
Several influencers are already active on HearMeOut and it’s a great platform for self and brand promotions.
This social network is free to use and it’s second version was launched recently.
At the moment, this network can only be used in an app (for both Android and iOS devices)
Voice ads and Podcasts are on the rise. This clearly reiterates the fact that we humans love consuming voice based content, atleast the majority of us do.
So what are you waiting for? HearMeOut is still in it’s early days. Now is the right time to join the bandwagon and reap the long term benefits.
I’m going to show you how to set up and use HearMeOut in six simple steps.
So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- STEP 1: Install the application by clicking on this link
- STEP 2: Signup via Facebook,Twitter or Gmail
- STEP 3: Setup your very own profile
- STEP 4: Make your first audio recording
- STEP 5: Use hashtags to search and follow people in your niche
- STEP 6: Share the audio recording with your followers and on other platforms
- LinkedIn Profile Tips: How I grew my account from zero to hero
- 6 Invaluable Strategies to Improve Each Stage of your Marketing Funnel
- Marketing Funnel – Your Ultimate Guide to Building a Billion Dollar Company
- 8 Clever Neuromarketing Examples That Worked For The Top Brands
STEP 2: Signup via Facebook,Twitter or Gmail
STEP 3: Setup your very own profile
Add a profile and cover photo. After doing this fill in the bio section giving a brief description about yourself.
STEP 4: Make your first audio recording
Click on the blue circle shown below to start/stop the recording. You can spice it up by adding a description and applying a wide range of sound effects.
Also, don’t forget to add a cover image for your post.
Private mode can be activated in which only followers can hear your posts. Your post will appear like this to you and your followers:
Here’s a sample audio recording to help you get a better idea.
The platform seems really great for vocal artists and singers as an option to share samples and get a feedback from friends and followers. This is indeed the “voice version” of twitter.
This app works great not only for music, but for also telling a joke, making an announcement or just speaking about random topics.
Voice is the next big thing! Period. It would be a grave mistake not to leverage voice search/ads. So i’d advise you to join this voice based social network right away. It has a vast potential and using it would certainly pay dividends.
That’s it for now folks!
Use HearMeout and do let me know if I’ve missed out on any of the features.
What’s your take on this new platform?to read my other blog posts.
Don’t forget to share and comment down below.